Our Pasture-Raised Smoked Whole Chicken Recipe is the healthiest and best way to roast a chicken. Brined overnight, it's tender and flavorful. Our Corn and Soy-Free, Low-PUFA chickens ensure lean and nutritious meat. The slow cooking at 225°F preserves nutrients and minimizes harmful compounds. Enjoy a delicious and wholesome meal with our premium Whole Chicken from Apsey Farms.
- 1 Whole Chicken (3-4 lbs)
- Brine: 4 C Water, 1/4 C Sea Salt, 2 Tbsp Honey, 2 Bay Leaves, 1 Tbsp Black Peppercorns
- Spice Rub: 1 Tbsp Sea Salt, 1 Tsp Black Pepper, 1 Tsp Garlic Powder, 1 Tsp Paprika, 1 Tsp Dried Thyme, 1 Tsp Dried Rosemary, 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
WHOLE CHICKEN DIRECTIONS:
- Brine: In a container, combine brine ingredients. Submerge chicken and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat your smoker or grill to a temperature of 225°F.
- Thoroughly rinse chicken, pat dry. Mix and combine Spice Rub ingredients. Sprinkle over chicken, add olive oil.
- Place the seasoned chicken on the smoker or grill, breast side up.
- Smoke chicken for approximately 2.5 to 3 hours until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Rest chicken for 10 min before carving.
Note: Because our chicken is Pasture-Raised, Corn and Soy-Free, and Low-PUFA the meat is more lean and less fatty. This makes it necessary to brine the chicken.