An old-time favorite around the Apsey home. This is a simple, tasty, recipe with minimal ingredients. A comfort food that is sure to be a hardy staple in the colder months. This recipe goes well with some homemade biscuits, and a side of buttered green beans! Not mention, a great recipe to utilize some of that homemade bone broth!
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Fry peices in hot oil in a large skillet; turning over to crisp both sides.
- Turn heat down to low, add enough broth or water to coven chicken and cover.
- Simmer for 1 hr, adding additional liquid if needed to keep chicken covered.
- Check to make sure the internal temperature is 165ºF.
- The flour helps thicken the sauce as it cooks creating a nice compliment to the meal. Mashed potatoes are a great side for the sauce. Serve with veggies and side salad.
- Chicken should be fall-off-the-bone tender and leftovers scarce.
- Great grandpas' chicken recipe is a favorite in our house!